What’s up Emerge? Happy 10:00 on Wednesday night! Let’s go ahead and get started before we use any more of your time! 🙂
Tonight started out with the typical hangout and chat time. Following that, Heather announced a few things for us:
- Next week is Thanksgiving Eve and all departments will meet in the sanctuary.
- We’ll be going “Black Friday” shopping on Friday, November 23rd from 9 AM to 3 PM. See the flyer for complete info.
- We’ll be doing a babysitting fundraiser on Saturday, December 8th from 4 PM to 8 PM. The idea is that people will drop their children off at church and we’ll watch them for a donation. See Heather for details.
- We’re still selling the Bonus Books as a convention fundraiser. They make a great holiday gift 🙂
- We will most likely be doing *something* for New Year’s Eve. Stay tuned for details.
After the announcements, we moved into worship. Tonight’s songs were “Like A Lion” by Kristian Stanfill and “Father Will You Come” by Unhindered. Following worship, Corey prayed. We then moved into the final Gospel Journey clip. Tonight’s discussed using what we learned to start friends on the GOSPEL Journey.
After the clip, Corey talked about a few situations where he has applied this within his own life and wrapped up the Gospel Journey stuff. Then, we played a few games that Heather came up with for tonight. The first was a Thanksgiving word scramble. Then, in the second game, we went around the room and said what we were thankful for. The catch was that the next person had to repeat which each of those before them had said.
We ended the night night some snacks that Corey & Heather had prepared for us.
Have a great week and see you next week (for Thanksgiving Eve service in the sanctuary!)
QOTW: What are you thankful for?