Tonight began with our usual chat time, followed by a few announcements.
- “School’s Out” Party – We’ll be having a school’s out party next week. Be here! Same time, same place…well, it’ll be outside, not in the youth room…
- Graduation Service – We’ll be honoring this year’s graduates, Alexis & Tyler, on Sunday, June 23rd in the morning service (10:30 AM). Join us that day to support them!
After the announcements, we moved into tonight’s time of worship. The songs were “Love Riot” by Worth Dying For, “Mighty to Save” by Hillsong United and “The Stand” by Kristian Stanfill. After worship, Corey prayed and we moved on to tonight’s mini message.
Tonight’s message came from Heather, who talked a little bit about Noah. The message started with an activity where one person (Tim) was blindfolded, while another (Corey) led them around the room. As you may have guessed from the description of that activity, tonight talked about trusting God. There were three main reasons we discussed about why we can trust Him. Tonight’s main verses came from Genesis 6:9-22.
We can trust God because of…
- Who He Is – See Matthew 6:25-34.
- Who We Are – See Genesis 6:5-9, 1 Timothy 4:12, and Proverbs 3:5-6
- Who We Are Not – See Proverbs 19:21 and 2 Corinthians 5:17
Following the message, Corey prayed and we went outside and played basketball for the rest of the night. It was boys vs girls, and I think it’s safe to say that the boys won…
Question of the Week: What is your favorite sport?