17 I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take of the Spirit that is on you and put the Spirit on them. They will help you carry the burden of the people so that you will not have to carry it alone. (Numbers 11:17 NIV84)
Other Verses to Note:
- Exodus 2:11-16, 21-25
- Numbers 11:1, 2, 4-6, 10, 14, 16, 17
- Numbers 14:2, 5-11, 19, 20
- What situations do you complain about most often? How does this complaining hinder you from dealing with these situations? Make a list of the top five situations that make you feel like complaining. Next to each write our favorite gripes as well as what you plan to do instead when you feel like complaining. Ask God to help you remember to take these steps when you feel like complaining.
- What do you do to relieve stress and frustration? Is it healthy? How do you know? Ask a few friends and family members how they work through frustrations. Find three or four methods of dealing with frustration that work for you. Make sure to do these activities on a regular basis throughout the week.
- How can being humble make it easier to get help when you’re frustrated?
- Describe three situations in your life that could be better if you’d get help from others.
- How could you practice patience in the specific circumstances you’re facing right now?