Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him (Psalm 42:5 NIV)
Other Verses to Note:
- Psalm 42:5
- Matthew 11:1-6
- Acts 3:1-10
- How does a Christian stay connected to the community of faith? How could you be more connected to other Christians? Think of several interesting people at church with whom you don’t spend much time. Make it your goal to get to know them a little better. Who knows? You might just make a few new friends.
- What does it mean to be connected to God? How connected to Him do you feel? In what specific ways could you be more connected to Him? Head out to a park or other solitary place and spend time drawing closer to God. You might want to bring some paper and a pen to write down your thoughts, feelings, prayers, and spiritual thoughts. Consider making this a weekly or monthly habit.
- How does asking God for help affect a discouraging situation? Why doesn’t it work the same way every time?
- What are some interesting ways to celebrate your salvation?
- What are some ways you could expand your trust in God?