18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18 NIV84)
Other Verses to Note:
- Genesis 4:2-12
- 1 John 3:11-18
- 1 John 4:7-21
- Are you withholding love for anyone? If so, who? This might be a family member, teacher, classmate, coworker, or church member. Make a plan to show this person godly love in a tangible way. If this seems difficult, start small and work your way up. Ask God for creativity and help, and prepare to be amazed at what happens.
- Which group or groups of people at your school are hated by others? Why? How could you help this situation? Think of practical ways to build bridges between different social groups at your school. Get together with people from these groups and ask them for ideas on overcoming hate at your school.
- How does God empower Christians to love others?
- In what ways is Jesus the perfect example of love for us to follow?
- Why is sharing the gospel with someone the greatest way to love him or her?