9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. (1 Thessalonians 5:9,11 NIV84)
Other Verses to Note:
- 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 4:1-8; 5:1-11
- 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
- Imagine you knew the exact timing of the Rapture and make a list of whom you would call. Now consider that being unaware of timing doesn’t change the eternal effects on those who don’t know Christ. Re-evaluate the names on your list, and share the love and forgiveness that Christ has for those who are not ready for His return.
- Christians need to purposefully pursue prayer, Bible study, ministry to others, and sharing Jesus with unbelievers. Focus intensively on one of these areas over the next week.
- Why should the Rapture be considered good news to Christians?
- What can a Christian do to avoid “falling asleep” spiritually? Why is self-control vital?
- In what ways could you encourage others who are watching and waiting along with you for Christ’s return?