We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. (1 Thessalonians 2:8 NIV84)
Other Verses to Note:
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 4:9-12
- 2 Thessalonians 3:2-4, 7-9
- Standing alone can be one of the hardest times in the life of a teen. Who are some teens in your church or school who might need someone to stand with them as they uphold godly standards? Consider helping them through prayer, encouragement, a listening ear, or a helping hand.
- Take some time to think about God’s standards. Then list the negative consequences you will avoid and the positive results you will experience by following God’s commands.
- In what specific areas have you struggled with accepting God’s standards?
- Because you have chosen to live according to God’s standards, how does your life differ from those who don’t believe in or agree with Him?
- What parts of life do teens find the toughest to maintain godly standards in? Why are God’s standards best, even if they are difficult to live up to?