Whud up Emerge? Happy Wednesday to ya! Tonight started with our all so typical chat/hang out time. We also figured out tonight that everyone in the group is somewhat addicted to the app Draw Something. Needless to say, part of the hang out time was spent playing Draw Something.
Then, we showed the “Young Chozen for Class President” video from convention. After that video came tonight’s countdown.
Following the countdown, we showed the video entitled “The One” that they played before the service on Friday morning at convention. Worship followed that video. Tonight’s songs were Never Look Back (Worth Dying For), Send Your Glory Down (Worth Dying For), Closer (Worth Dying For), and The Stand (Hillsong). Following that, Anna prayed and we moved on.
At this point, we showed the convention slideshow (which will be up after Sunday most likely) then talked about convention. Two convention related things before we move on:
- SURVEY – PennDel Youth is asking you to take this survey to help them improve convention next year. Please take 5-10 minutes out your day to do so! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/THZH73R
- DVD’s – We’re going to split the cost to order DVD’s of Tim Ross’s sermons from convention. We ask that you bring approximately $5 if you’re interested next week. (We’ll try to remember to remind you via text closer to next Wednesday).
We also then discussed that we’re going to go to Hersheypark a different day next year since it was really busy this year. More on that later. A few more announcements now:
- “Youth Day” (not really) – We’re going to take a few moments to discuss convention and show pictures during the church service this Sunday (if all goes according to plan). Come out and support us…
- MAY 19th – We’re going to tentatively schedule our first car wash for Saturday, May 19th (and then every open Saturday for the rest of the summer in case of rain). We’ll talk about that more next week.
- Infilling – Whenever you become a Christian, the Holy Spirit comes to live in you.
- Water Baptism – An outward expression of your love for Jesus
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit – Brings power, takes your personal relationship with Jesus to another level.