Tonight started out with an extended version of our chat/hang out time. After a countdown, we moved into worship. Tonight we sang Love Riot (Worth Dying For), I Am Not the Same (Unhindered), Our God (Chris Tomlin), and The Stand (Hillsong). After worship, Corey prayed and we moved on.
Tonight we tried something a bit different called the “Two Minute Timeout.” During that time, everyone talked and hung out. After that was over, we moved onto some announcements. I’m once again going to sound like a broken record tonight, so bear with me! 🙂
- Graduation Emphasis Service – Sunday, June 3rd – We’re honor Taylor & Megan who are graduating.
- Vacation Bible School – That has been moved to August 18th and will be a one day thing. More coming soon.
- Worship Night – Worship Night is Friday, June 15th. Invite some friends!
- Mall Trip – Saturday, June 30th – Details coming soon…
- We’re still trying to raise money for the wells in Africa project. Bring in some money to help with that! $20 will give a child water for life!
- Our car wash this past Saturday went pretty well. We raised a little over $200 that will be put towards convention next year.
- Car Show – Saturday, June 16th – The church is having a car show on Sat. June 16th. We’ll be selling hot dogs, sodas, etc to those who are in attendance.
- Boat Trip – We’ll be going on a boating trip in July with Cindy & Smoke Dennis. More also coming soon!
After the announcements came Corey’s mini message. Tonight he focused on lending a helping hand, based on Matthew 25:31-46. That scripture is below.
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. ”
Corey used many stories to illustrate the concept, including a few that happened in the church recently. We encourage you to step up to the plate and lend a helping hand when those situations arise.
After the message, we talked about a few prayer requests, then closed that part of the night with prayer. The rest of the night was spent downstairs enjoying some ice cream. Thanks to Corey for sneaking out to get that for us during worship! 🙂
That’s all for this week! Have an amazing week & we’ll see you Sunday!
Question of the Week: How can you help someone this week?