Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up (James 4:10 NIV)
Other Verses to Note:
- James 4:1-10
- 1 Peter 2:9-15
- 1 Peter 3:9,15,16
- 1 Peter 4:3-5
- 1 Peter 5:5
- Think of at least one practical way to show respect to others in your family, at church, or at work and put their needs ahead of your own. Devise a plan of action to put your ideas into practice.
- If you have any unresolved conflict with another person–a Christian or an unbeliever–make plans to address the issue with maturity. You might even write out several steps you plan to take in the next week, specifying what you will say and do, and when you will do it. Ask God for direction and boldness in resolving this issue and renewing your relationship with the other person.
- What’s the source of most conflicts between people? How can you tell if you’re being selfish?
- Why do you think non-Christians often give believers a hard time? What are some ways–both good and bad–we might respond when our faith is challenged?
- What are some of the ways that living a good life in the midst of unbelievers might help avoid or resolve conflict?
This week, no verse slips were handed out. It is your mission to spend time reading the Bible this week and find your own verse that really speaks to you. Write it down and put it somewhere where you’ll see it often. We’ll ask you about your verse next week!