“Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14 NIV)
Other Verses to Note:
- Romans 8:34
- Hebrews 5:1-5
- Hebrews 7:11,18,25
- Hebrews 9:6-15,22,26-28
- Hebrews 12:14-16
- Ask you pray each day this week, consider how Jesus’ priestly role affects your interaction with God, and address Christ as your High Priest.
- Using a study Bible, explore what the Old Testament says about the requirements and duties of Israelite priests. What lessons can you learn about Jesus from this information?
- Just as Jesus prays to the Father on your behalf, take time each day this week to intercede for a friend who doesn’t have a personal relationship with God.
Respond: (New this week – pick one and leave an answer in the comments)
- When do you feel most connected to God? Why?
- What part does Jesus play in your connection to God?
- What does it mean for you to live a holy life?