Tonight started out with everyone’s favorite, chat time. After that, we moved into worship. Tonight’s songs were “Happy Day” by Tim Hughes, “You Never Let Go” by Matt Redman, “Better Than Life” by Remedy Drive, “Praise You In This Storm” by Casting Crowns, and “Jesus Paid It All” by Kristian Stanfill. Following worship, Anna prayed.
Next on the agenda tonight was announcements. That info will be at the end of the post. After announcements, we moved into tonight’s mini message. Tonight we finished up the story of Joseph. When we ended last week, he was in jail, and God was still using him there. Tonight, we talked about how God used him to interpret dreams, and ultimately save his family from the famine that took place for 7 years following 7 years of good crops. God has a plan for you, no matter what you may think!
Towards the end of the message, Katlynn’s mom, Michelle, brought in pizza for our group, so we enjoyed that, as we were talking about the part of the story where Joseph brought his brothers into his house for a dinner. Perfect timing, right?
Anyway, after the message, we spent some time talking, and then decided to play Flappy Bird on the big screen. The high score from tonight was 24, which I believe belonged to Kyra.
- Worship Him: Night of Worship: We’re a week and a half away! Continue to invite everyone you know to join us next Friday, Feb 21st, at 7:00 pm for a night of worship followed by a pizza & dessert fellowship. Also, use the hashtag #WorshipHimDover everywhere to promote it!
- Convention: Not much has changed since last week, but we did update the convention page here on our site. Be sure you’re following us on Instagram for some promo videos & such that will be appearing there over the next few weeks! Also, think about what we should do in terms of matching shirts for this year & bring your ideas next week!
- Spaghetti Dinner: We’re having a spaghetti dinner on Sunday, March 16th to help fundraise for convention. Please plan to be there to help us that day!
Question of the Week
- What is your high score in Flappy Bird (for those who play)?
- If you don’t play Flappy Bird, which social network do you hang out on most? (We want to know where we should be to reach you)