So, based on the title, you may have guessed that something didn’t go down as planned tonight. That would be somewhat correct, even though it was still a great night. We had planned to have a fire outside, but there was a storm coming, which meant it was too windy (and then rainy) to get the fire started. We even had a few of the Royal Rangers trying to help, so you know it’s not going to work when they can’t do it 🙂
After working on that for a bit, it started to rain, so we headed inside to proceed with our night. We started off with a few announcements.
- First off, welcome back Anna! In case you missed last week, Heather & Corey stepped down as our youth leaders, so Anna Bender has returned to lead us. Continue to keep Heather & Corey, as well as Anna in your prayers.
- Car Washes – We’re working to schedule two car washes for this summer to help raise money for convention next year. Our tentative dates (as of tonight) are Saturday, July 20th and Saturday, August 10th. However, if you happen to be available to have one on Saturday, July 13th, text Anna and let her know ASAP.
- Activities – We’re looking at scheduling a mall trip, as well as maybe mini golf and/or bowling. If you’d be interested, let us know. Also, bring any other ideas on Wednesday, July 10th.
- Next Week – Reminder that there is NO church/youth next Wednesday night due to Independence Day. Enjoy the night off!
- Campfire – We’ll be having another campfire night (and making hot dogs n s’mores) on Wednesday, July 10th. Be there & invite a friend…
That’s enough info for now. We’ll keep you posted on anything else we have planned! After the announcements, we moved into tonight’s time of worship. Tonight’s songs were “Love Riot” by Worth Dying For, “I Am Not the Same” by Unhindered, “Desert Song” by Hillsong, and “How Great Is Our God” by Hillsong London. Following worship, Anna prayed and we moved on.
The next thing on tonight’s agenda was watching the graduation slideshow from Sunday morning.
After the video, Anna passed out jellybeans to introduce tonight’s mini message, then we showed another clip, talking about our days of our lives as if they were jellybeans. (You have to watch it to understand…here it is!)
We used that clip as a big part of tonight’s message. Based on Matthew 6:33, Anna reminded us that we only have some much time, and we need to make sure that we’re using it wisely and according to God’s will for us. We also need to remember the Great Commission, which is to go out and preach the gospel to all the world.
After the message, we spent the few remaining minutes chatting.
See you Sunday!
Hey, look! Two Questions of the Week this week. Answer one in the comments if you’re awesome! 🙂
QOTW #1: What are you going to do with the time you have?
QOTW #2: What is your favorite flavor of jellybean?