20 But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. 21 Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. (Jude 20, 21 NIV84)
Other Verses to Note:
- Jude 1-25
- Think about the people around you. Is there anyone in your church, school, or neighborhood that seems to be making bad choices in life? How do you treat that person? Think about ways to reach out to that special someone.
- Think about your own life. Is there anyone who has been instrumental in growing in your walk with the Lord? Take the time this week to show your thankfulness through a simple “thank you” or note of thanks.
- How have you allowed your situation or current relationship with God to dictate what you’re willing to do for Him? Is there anything that you feel God has called you to do but you’ve been reluctant to pursue because of lack of confidence?
- Do you think focusing on others helps us in our daily walk with Christ? How?
- Would you be willing to reach out to someone like Brian Nichols*? How?
*Brian Nichols is a character in the story in this week’s “student guide” who killed 4 people within 24 hours.