…And you’re too young. Not really, though.
Anyway, tonight started out with our chat time, followed by worship. Tonight’s songs were “Your Love Never Fails” by Jesus Culture, “I Am Not the Same” by Unhindered, “Desert Song” by Hillsong, and “Father Will You Come” by Unhindered. Following worship, Anna prayed and we moved on.
We spent the next half hour (or so) enjoying some pizza and talking. At the end of that, we sang Happy Birthday to Madisyn, who turned 17 today, and then moved onto tonight’s message.
Tonight continued our “Do You Seriously Think God Can’t Use You?” series that we started a few weeks ago. Tonight’s Bible character was Abraham. We talked about how he was getting old (by our standards at least) when God called him at the age of 75. We also talked about how God had promised that Abraham would have a child (and end up being the father of many nations) and how that happened in God’s perfect timing. The scriptures from tonight can be found in Genesis 12 through Genesis 25.
- Age doesn’t matter to God (Abraham was too old, you’re too young…NOT REALLY!)
- His timing is always perfect (We may not think so, but IT IS!)
A FEW ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The Tabernacle – Don’t forget that we’re studying the Tabernacle in Sunday School. Join us every Sunday at 9:30a.
- Worship Requests – I knew y’all would find that button eventually. If you have a song request for worship, feel free to submit it here.
- Have You Prayed Today? – HYPT is a new Facebook page that I launched. Feel free to check it out if you’re on Facebook.
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
- Have you ever felt like (or been told that) you were too young to do something?