TODAY’S KEY VERSE
Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. You had the goblets from his temple brought to you, and you and your nobles, your wives and your concubines drank wine from them. You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your lifeand all your ways. (Daniel 5:23 NIV)
1. EGO ON DISPLAY
- Daniel 5:1-4
2. PRIDE WILL BE EXPOSED
- Daniel 5:5-8
- Daniel 5:10-21
- Daniel 4:1-37 (Looking back at Nebuchadnezzar’s situation)
3. GOD JUDGES PRIDE
- Daniel 5:22-24
- Daniel 5:25-31
- 1 Peter 5:5-6
RESPOND (LEAVE A COMMENT!)
- Is there a difference between confidence & pride? (Going school like on you): Explain your answer.
- How can you tell when someone is being prideful, not just confident?
- How can you keep pride in check in your life?
- How might being humble help your witness as a Christian?
THIS WEEK’S YOUVERSION LIVE EVENT
Click here to view the archive of this weeks’ event.